- My psychology Unit 1 exam was today. I could barely sleep last night. I felt all hyped up, tense yet jittery, and got the same feeling at the end of the exam. I think it went pretty well even though a few topics I didn’t like came up. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the essays…
- Dad forced me to tidy my room somewhat. This consisted of throwing out lots of paper and putting all of my art things back into the Art Box. I can see the floor on my half of the room again – and it needs a good vacuuming!!
- I drafted up a proper pattern for the Linen Stitch Scarf, after a bunch of calculations.
Then my common sense kicked in and I realized that I was going to have to redraft because I don’t have enough yarn. Here I was, thinking that I had no common sense anyway.
- This morning I invented a concoction that tastes of tea, mostly, but smells of coffee and it’s kind of messing with my head. Basically you make tea like usual but add two pinches of instant coffee – just enough to give the scent. If you find it tastes like coffee you’ve either put in too much, or the scent is producing the illusion of the taste of coffee (try it while pinching your nose!).
- Woah woah woah. One of my favourite bands, FLiP, have just brought out a new mini album.
It’s a really light, carefree album – a stark contrast to the dark sounds in their earlier albums. I’ve read multiple Youtube comments about how they’re shelling out for mainstream pop-rock and, not to be blunt, but after listening to Love Toxicity (pretty dark and sensual-not-sexual) and XX emotion (dark with optimistic overtones), it definitely sounds like it. However, there’s something very distinctive about their music that’s still there, which is why I still like the mini album, even if it’s not my favourite by a long shot.
- I lost-and-found the face cloth I made a while ago, and it’s spurred me on to continue the second one so I can have them on rotation. Simple Seed Stitch is the way forward.