This blog survived another year! That’s pretty cool, if I do say so myself. I have followed many a blog that has just disappeared after a few good posts. More than that, I am proud to have just stuck to putting things up even without a schedule or promoting my posts on social media properly.
For any regular readers, know that I am so thankful that you glance at my stuff and I hope you’ll stick around for the years to come.
Want some stat-related tidbits? Sure you do.
- The total amount of views for 20S in 2016 were almost quintuple the amount in 2015 (!!)
- But! I also posted far less, with 26 posts in 2016 compared to 134 posts (!!) in 2015. I think I went from thinking about posting often to posting less, but more quality posts that I took time and real effort to do and am proud of. I have also begun to use a diary to keep track of various things and in a way, vent off some thoughts that won’t go on the blog anymore.
- My most viewed post includes a terrible sheet-masking selfie. Half the views I got this year came from this post.
I am really surprised and proud of the humble bit of growth this blog as seen, numbers wise, haha. I have to admit, I got the Blog’s birthday wrong. I had this post in draft mode for sometime next week, but it turns out to have been today! Cue a lot of last minute panic. Last year, I gave the blog a new banner to celebrate. I still really like it. I still use the same theme (Plane) and same standard WordPress domain. This year, the Blog Gift (am I making this a thing?) is nicer looking photos!
I also had a bit of special blog-related reflection time based off last year’s anniversary post. I think I did work a lot on improving my beauty reviews and making them as detailed as I want them to be, and the photography/lighting issues have pretty much all been sorted in one swoop since I bought a new camera at the end of the year.
On the other hand, I completely forgot about my personal spending goal and whilst I definitely didn’t stick to it (especially with that camera) I think my willingness to spend has kind of levelled off a little. I’m less impulsive about my purchases and stricter about using up products before I buy more. On the other hand, I am way more likely to buy books…
What are this year’s mindful things?
- Actually keep goals in mind. It’s so easy to lose track of annual goals as the days go by, especially now that I can barely keep track of the days.
- Be better about doing to-do lists. I’ve been trying to use them to keep track of my daily progress and work on daily streaks and habits and stuff, but for some reason I’m leaving at least one point empty all the time. Heck, I could have only one thing on my to-do list but not complete it.
- Finish that novel. I’m not sure any more needs to be said.
- Read and review more books! BOOKS, I TELL YOU.
- Maybe get back into knitting? Knitting was possibly one of the main reasons that I started this blog (it gave me something to write about!) But I’ve barely touched my needles since last year. I also have a big box of yarn to use up. I just don’t feel like I have much cause to sit down and space out any more. I really miss it though so I’d like to take more time out to do it.
Again, thanks for reading, and here’s to yet another year!
Lots of Love,