I’m a little torn about this lip product- NARS Rikugien

As you know by now, I’m on a major lipstick buying ban and I’m forcing myself to look at my stash and seriously consider the current collection more harshly…

But I can’t figure out whether I like this lipstick or not.

The lipstick in question is Nars Velvet Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien, the mini version. It’s a sharpening type pencil, chubby, and glides onto the lips nicely.

I love my more pigmented, noticeable options in my stash. This is the opposite. It’s sheer. You can see my lip marks through it even after building it up. I prefer options that people can tell I’m wearing lipstick with, but people don’t tend to comment on my nude lipsticks anyway – only the bolder ones!

But it looks nice! It’s so MLBB that you genuinely can’t tell they’re not my natural lip apart from the slight satin sheen if you look up close. With a bit of mascara, it’s literally no-makeup makeup.

So the real question is… Will I ever bother with a lip look like that? Realistically? Even to uni or work?

Sigh.

X

9 thoughts on “I’m a little torn about this lip product- NARS Rikugien

1. Bubblegum January 7, 2018 / 11:58 am

haha, you made me laugh 🙂 Looks like you don’t need this one in your stash…

Liked by 1 person

• Swanna January 7, 2018 / 1:28 pm

It’s true, I’ll probably never use it 😥 X

2. bigboujeeandbroke January 7, 2018 / 2:07 pm

I’ve given up trying to do the more nude lipstick look, I just never like it. Give me red and bright pinks! If I want my lips but shiny I’ll wear chapstick…lol

Liked by 1 person

• Swanna January 7, 2018 / 2:17 pm

I like nudes as long as they’re noticeably a little darker than my natural lip! That kind of nude is so flattering, I think because otherwise it runs the risk of washing you out. X

• bigboujeeandbroke January 7, 2018 / 2:36 pm

I think part of my problem is I have yet to find a nude that looks good. Most seen to chalky or too light or too dark or too brown. I also think I just prefer bright noticable lips… The closest I’ve gotten is a muted rose lipstick that I wouldn’t call nude but it isn’t fuchsia lol.

3. rosetintedlensdxb January 8, 2018 / 8:30 am

When in doubt, only solution is to combine it with your other lippies – you may get a new shade that you like.

Liked by 1 person