At last, it’s time for the annual sheet mask review (LOL). I don’t use them often enough to do more than that!! I’ve still got stashes of masks that are fast expiring so I really should focus on those. I own a lot for someone who doesn’t mask…
I found this pack of 10 masks for £5.99 in TK Maxx, which is 60p per mask so certainly a bargain. After checking all the masks were still there (as you kind of have to do in TK Maxx!), I looked at the ingredients and they weren’t bad! Just the usual moisturising ingredients and lots and lots of extracts.
The Hangul underneath ‘Golden Sun Flower’ reads ‘Geum Hwa Gyu Premium Gobosub Mask Pack’.
Here is the full list of ingredients in the order found on the packaging:
- Propylene Glycol,
- Angelica Tenussima Root Extract,
- Cordyceps Sinensis Extract,
- Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract,
- Sophora Japonica Bud Extract,
- Scrophularia Buergeriana Root Extract,
- Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract,
- Prunis Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Extract,
- Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract,
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract,
- Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract,
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract,
- Cnidium Officinale Root Extract,
- Phellinus Linteus Extract,
- Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract,
- Angelica Keiskei Leaf/Stem Extract,
- Artemisia Vulgaris Extract,
- Glycine Max (Soybean) Seed Extract,
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract,
- Salvia Miltiorrhiza Flower/Leaf/Root Extract,
- Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract,
- Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract,
- Nephrite Powder,
- Centella Asiatica Extract,
- Chamomilla Recutita (matricaria) flower Extract,
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) root extract,
- Camellia Sinensis leaf extract,
- Polygonum cuspidatum root extract,
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract,
- Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract,
- Butylene Glycol,
- Disodium EDTA,
- Golden Sunflower Leaf Powder (25mg),
- Golden Sunflower Powder (25mg),
A couple of quick things to note are the inclusion of fragrance and the immense amount of extracts that most likely won’t bring up any noticeable effects. The product seems to be FDA Approved as well. The two ‘star’ ingredients are Nephrite Jade powder and of course, Golden Sun Flower extracts.
The mask was surprisingly a good enough fit although with my usual chin fitting issues, but overall workable and comfortable. The mask stayed on my face for a good hour or so, and the clear essence didn’t drip too much so I could wear it while doing some computer work.
Overall, I am really liking these masks and will certainly reach for them again. I am also sticking two of the masks I have in a little giveaway I have planned for March (or whenever I get the photos for it done!!) So stay tuned!!